Senior Frontend Engineer Bucharest
Are you an accomplished app developer, skilled in TypeScript and React Native who thrives on collaborative work? We are looking for a skilled Senior Frontend Engineer to be part of the setup of our first product development team at our new development site in Bucharest, Romania.
If this sounds like you, we are eagerly awaiting your application 🎉!
Platform24 is on a mission to unlock the potential of healthcare by creating smooth and accessible healthcare where patients and caregivers are empowered by the most intelligent technology available. We aim to enable AI precision while maintaining a human touch, allowing medical doctors and nurses to focus on what they do best – practicing medicine 🩺.
We have an uncompromising focus on making every day better for patients and clinicians and together create healthcare 2.0 🚀.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer at our new development site…
You will be pivotal in expanding our engineering team across two locations. You and your team will have end-to-end ownership of Platform24's Front Door - the main portal through which our patients seek and receive healthcare. This encompasses everything from the UI to backend services and DevOps. Additionally, you will be responsible for Platform24's video call and chat service, a fundamental component of our digital healthcare delivery.
Your primary responsibilities in this role will be to develop our hybrid patient application, which can be distributed both as a web platform and as native applications for iOS and Android. You will play a critical role in shaping our innovative products. Furthermore, you will lead in designing, building, and implementing new features. You'll also contribute to architecture discussions, make informed technology choices, and communicate technical topics effectively to non-technical stakeholders.
A sneak peek of our tech stack includes:
- Micro frontends with Webpack module federation
- React and Redux (Mobx in some teams)
- Jest, react-testing-library, and cypress (each user story has time allocated to writing tests)
- Bundling and CI: Webpack, Lerna, Yarn workspaces, Gitlab CI
- JITSI WebRTC
- Presentational UI component library with Storybook
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Design, build, test, and deploy software as needed
- Develop hybrid applications that can be distributed both as web and native applications for iOS and Android
- Build and maintain code documentation and automated test suites
- Participate in improving ways of working in the team, engineering, and the company as a whole
- Troubleshoot and debug software
- Work with requirement stakeholders to design well-crafted solutions that meet expectations
- Participate in an on-call rotation to respond to production issues
- Ensure that the code health of the software is at a level where the team can work efficiently
- Participate in knowledge spreading within engineering
- Teach and coach colleagues when appropriate
- Be a role model of values and company culture.
Who are you…
We are looking for an experienced Frontend engineer with a knack for modern frontend frameworks. You're someone who is curious, with a creative mindset, who loves to collaborate and share knowledge with your colleagues. You share our vision and goal of having a meaningful impact on the future of healthcare and improving the lives of individuals globally. Your expertise in designing great end-user applications will be invaluable in our mission to revolutionize healthcare.
- a team player who thrives in a cooperative environment.
- Plus, if you have experience working with WebRTC-based video calling solutions, it's a big bonus 😊.
What's in it for you?
Platform24 is not just an IT department; we're a tech-first company where IT is the main business. Here are just a few reasons why you'll love working with us:
- Stay on the Cutting Edge: We work with modern technologies to empower our teams to unleash the most impact possible.
- Fun, Collaborative Environment: We offer personal growth and knowledge-sharing sessions regularly 🎓.
- Social Events: Participate in company-wide summer and winter parties, special occasion celebrations, and team offsites.
- Volunteer Opportunities: Use five workdays a year to volunteer and give back to the community 👏.
- Impressive Tech Setup: Enjoy using a brand new M2 MacBook Pro (16 inch) or an equivalent machine of your choice 💻.
Besides this, you will get the chance to work with skilled colleagues from all over the world.
If you are ready to take on this exciting opportunity, we would love to receive your application.
As we interview candidates continuously, we kindly ask you to apply soon. We look forward to reviewing your application and hope to see you as part of the Platform24 engineering team!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.
PS. This role is a full-time employment with Platform24. We do not offer contractor and/or B2B types of engagements.